Process plant operator
Process plant operators play important roles within the Queensland mining and gas industry. Find out more about what process plant operators do, the skills or experience required, qualifications, and where to find more information on how to get skilled and find the job.
What the job does
- Work in the process plant operations sector of the chemical, hydrocarbons, oil refining and LNG industries.
- Operate controllers to process machinery, record, analyse, inspect and generally control product flow.
Relevant skills and experience
- sound literacy, maths and science at a minimum of Year 10
- physically fit and safety conscious
- team player and ability to adapt to shift work
- willing to work away from home
- capable of working at heights and in confined spaces.
What you might need to get the job
- Entry Level qualification - PMA20108 Cert II in Process Plant Operations
- PMA30108 Cert III in Process Plant Operations
- PMA40108 Process Plant Technology
Where the job may lead
- Chemical plant operators
- Process plant technicians
- Petrochemical plants
- LNG plants
- Sugar mills
- Oil refineries
Find jobs available right now