Pipe layers play important roles within the Queensland mining and gas industry. Find out more about what pipe layers do, the skills or experience required, qualifications, and where to find more information on how to get skilled and find the job.
What the job does
Installing underground pipes made of reinforced concrete, steel or plastic for stormwater, sewerage, water, and gas on major projects
Relevant skills and experience
- working from plans or specifications
- general fitness and team worker
- previous work in areas in the construction, manufacturing or agricultural sectors
- using small plant and hand tools including laser levelling devices
What you might need to get the job
- through the traineeship or apprenticeship pathway
- recognition of existing skills, experience or other qualifications.
Where the job may lead
- move into leading hand, supervising or management positions
- start your own business and employ workers yourself.
- gain more qualifications such as a dogger or crane operator
Find jobs available right now