Maintenance fitters play important roles within the Queensland mining and gas industry. Find out more about what maintenance fitters do, the skills or experience required, qualifications, and where to find more information on how to get skilled and find the job.
What the job does
Specialist tradespersons responsible for:
- installation and assembly
- maintenance and service
- repair and replacement of machinery and equipment.
Relevant skills and experience
- experience in similar industry (automotive, manufacturing, agriculture)
- enjoy technical work
- physically fit and safety conscious
- team player and ability to adapt to shift work
- willing to work away from home
- no skin allergies or reactions to hydraulic oil, grease and fuels.
What you might need to get the job
- Trade qualification – Certificate III in Engineering (Maintenance - Fitting) obtained through an apprenticeship.
- Recognition of existing skills, experience or other qualifications.
Where the job may lead
- Power stations
- Industrial processing plants
- Training or maintenance planning
- Supervisory or management positions
Find jobs available right now