Mobile plant operator
Mobile plant operators play important roles within the Queensland mining and gas industry. Find out more about what mobile plant operators do, the skills or experience required, qualifications, and where to find more information on how to get skilled and find the job.
What the job does
- Drive backhoes, bulldozers, excavators, front-end loaders, graders, rockbreakers, scrapers, skid steer loaders, rollers and forklift trucks to level and excavate
- move and load earth, rock and other material
Relevant skills and experience
- experience in similar industry (automotive, manufacturing, agriculture).
- enjoy practical and manual work
- ability to follow precise instructions
- ability to work as part of a team
- physically fit and good eyesight
- good hand-eye coordination
- ability to work without supervision
What you might need to get the job
- Certificate I in Construction
- Certificate II in Civil Construction
- Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant)
- start as a labourer and progress with on the job training - about 2 years’ experience is needed to become competent.
Where the job may lead
- a range of jobs within the construction industry including supervisory or leading hand or training roles
Find jobs available right now