Boiler maker / welder
Boiler makers and welders play important roles within the Queensland mining and gas industry. Find out more about what boiler makers/welders do, the skills or experience required, qualifications, and where to find more information on how to get skilled and find the job.
What the job does
Constructing or repairing metal products by joining parts using a variety of welding methods either manually or by machine. These parts are used to complete structures and equipment.
May specialise in certain types of welding, such as custom fabrication, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding or machinery and equipment repair welding.
Relevant skills and experience
- experience in similar industry (manufacturing, agriculture)
- enjoy technical work and have accuracy
- physically fit and safety conscious
- team player and ability to adapt to shift work
- willing to work away from home
- no skin or breathing allergies
- do not suffer from claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces).
What you might need to get the job
- Trade qualification – Certificate III in Engineering (Fabrication) obtained through an apprenticeship.
- Recognition of existing skills, experience or other qualifications.
Where the job may lead
- Industrial processing plants
- Training or maintenance planning
- Supervisory or management positions
Find jobs available right now